Social media recruiting can help organizations find passive talent and increase their share of employee referrals.
The benefits of social media for organizations looking to connect with individuals and customers is clear, with many businesses having spent years marketing their products to a growing audience around the globe. Now, more and more companies are seeing the benefits of using social media for recruiting, using it to attract and target diverse applicants with specific skill sets.
A survey in June of this year by CareerArc has found that the number of employers using social media in their hiring processes has increased dramatically. With a total of 350 hiring managers and 2,117 employees surveyed, the results provide an insight into the ways that social media is used by HR:
- 72% of companies use social media to advertise their jobs
- 59% of companies find they get more referrals and 50% get more applications by using social recruiting
- In 2013 three times as many companies are allocating over 10% of hiring budgets to social recruiting versus 2012
- Two out of three companies will expand social recruiting initiatives in 2014
- 1 in 3 job seekers use social media as their primary tool for job searching
- 50% of job seekers spend more than 6 hours per week using social media for their job search
With more companies looking to expand on their social recruiting initiatives, and a significant level of growth in social recruiting investment, it certainly is an exciting time to be involved in the industry. We’re looking forward to helping more organizations leverage the power of social media for recruiting and attract the best quality candidates for their roles.
Subscribe to RolePoint Blog: Employee Referrals Tips & News
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox